Friday 19 February 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Le silence de la mer, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Julie & Brandy: In Your Box Office.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Rock Shooter or Battle Dex.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 19 February 2010 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 February
- Bill McKibben and 350.org reacted to President Barack Obama and Copenhagen Accord. (Huffington Post)
- Professional golfer Tiger Woods make a public apology over reports of having extramarital affairs. (CBS News)
- International Atomic Energy Agency says Iran could be making nuclear warheads. (''The Hindu'')
- Anti-government protestors are killed by police fire in Gagnoa, Côte d'Ivoire. (''The Washington Post'')
- Element 112 is officially named ''Copernicium'' and assigned the symbol ''Cn'' on the 537th anniversary of the birthday of Nicolaus Copernicus. IUPAC
- The Supreme Council for the Restoration of Democracy that took power in a military coup in Niger yesterday lifts a curfew and reopens the country's borders. (BBC)
- French businessman Yazid Sabeg joins roster of UNESCO Goodwill Ambassadors. (UN)
- Romania is set to introduce a tax on fast food in March. (''The Scotsman'')
- To persuade its volatile – and poor -- Niger Delta's oil region to reduce the conflict in the Niger Delta, Nigeria proposes handing over 10% stakes in its biggest energy industry to “host communities”. (China Dialogue News)
- Assassination of senior Hamas commander Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai:
- Hamas threatens Western nations and trades accusations with rival Palestinian faction Fatah over alleged involvement in the affair. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Israel denies involvement in the assassination and claims that there is no evidence ampquotthat even remotely connects this incident to Israelampquot (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Social networking site Facebook closes down spontaneous support groups for a pilot who crashed his plane in Austin, United States. (Wikinews) (''NY Daily News'')
- Ex-IAEA head Mohamed ElBaradei is set to return to Egypt hoping to run for the presidency in the 2011 election. (Al Jazeera)
- Mary MacKillop is to become Australia's first saint, after being approved by the Holy See for canonization. (''The Australian'')
- Plans for a Rudyard Kipling museum in his Mumbai home are scrapped due to the uncertainty of his legacy. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 February 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - Lokeren : 3 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hoffenheim - M'gladbach : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Duisburg : 1 - 2
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Ahlen : 4 - 0
- Union Berlin - Koblenz : 3 - 2
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Elche - Levante : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?