Wednesday 17 February 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Le silence de la mer, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Julie & Brandy: In Your Box Office.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Civilization V or Dofus Arena.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 17 February 2010 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 February
- 500,000 residents of Mexico City have been vaccinated against the A/H1N1 flu. (Xinhuanet)
- Four people are charged in connection with the Santika Club fire in Thailand on December 31, 2008. (''Bangkok Post'')
- The body of fallen luger Nodar Kumaritashvili returns to his hometown of Bakuriani, Georgia for burial. (ESPN)
- Guam Governor Felix Perez Camacho issues an executive order changing the name of ''Guam'' to ''Guahan'' in government documents and signage and calls for unification with the Northern Mariana Islands. (''Saipan Tribune'')
- At least 22 people are killed in a bus crash in Northern India. (BBC)
- It emerges that fake Irish passports used by suspects in the assassination of a senior Hamas military commander in Dubai had valid numbers with mismatched identities, with the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs embarking on an urgent mission to track the three genuine passport holders with these numbers. (''The Irish Times'')
- Police in Kenya free five suspects held in connection with organising a gay wedding in a Mtwapa hotel. (BBC)
- Services from the UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands remain disrupted as investigations continue into the Halle train collision in Belgium. (BBC)
- The Supreme Administrative Court of Ukraine suspends the decision of the Electoral Commission to declare Viktor Yanukovych the winner of the Ukrainian presidential election until the court has decided on the complaints brought by the other candidate, Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko. (''La Libre Belgique'')
- The UK branch of publishing company ''Reader's Digest'' files for administration. (Sky News)
- Walgreen Co. announces that it is buying Duane Reade Holdings Inc., operator of a chain of 257 drugstores in the New York City area, for about $1.08 billion including assumption of debt. (Marketwatch)
- Five southern Africans, including Archbishop Desmond Tutu, have their genomes analysed by scientists and published in ''Nature'', with Tutu excited to discover he is ampquotrelated to the San people, the first people to inhabit Southern Africaampquot. (BBC)
- Rwanda, the East African country that is embracing a transition to a Green economy, will be the global host of World Environment Day on 5 June 2010. (UNEP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 February 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Karlsruhe - Munich 1860 : 2 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Crystal Palace - Reading : 1 - 3
- Newcastle - Coventry : 4 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Annan Athletic - Albion Rvs : 1 - 2
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Notts County - Grimsby : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?