Saturday 13 February 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Le silence de la mer, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Julie & Brandy: In Your Box Office.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing X-Men or CSI: Fatal Conspiracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 13 February 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 February
- Over 15,000 American, British and Afghan troops launch the biggest offensive in Afghanistan since the overthrow of the Taliban in 2001.
- A bomb explodes in the city of Pune, Maharashtra, India, killing 17 and injuring 60 more.
- U Tin Oo, the Vice-Chairman of the National League for Democracy was released today in Yangon, the largest city in Myanmar, after the expiration of his term of house arrest. (UN)
- Cyclone Rene approaches Manu'a at full force winds of 150 kilometres an hour. (Radio New Zealand International)
- A suspected terrorist attack in the western Indian city of Pune kills 9 people and injures more than 45 others. (''The Times'')
- The Côte d'Ivoire government is dissolved with President Laurent Gbagbo saying on state television that the peace process has broken down. (Reuters)
- 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver:
- The men's downhill skiing is postponed due to ampquotslushy conditionsampquot, with the women's super-combined event having already been postponed. (Sky Sports)
- The luge event goes ahead at the Whistler Sliding Centre a day after the death of Nodar Kumaritashvili. (ABC)
- Year of the Tiger:
- China prepares to celebrate New Year holidays with tens of millions of people travelling and fireworks anticipated. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Wen Jiabao delivers his New Year message in state newspapers. (Reuters)
- Clashes erupt in Dresden 65 years after the city was bombed at the end of World War II. (BBC)
- Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki demands eight senior officials to resign due to corruption scandals in the education ministry and a maize scandal. (BBC)
- At least 10 people are electrocuted to death when a power cable collapses onto a bus in Port Harcourt. (BBC)
- Three people die and others are seriously injured after a Danish bus en route from Berlin to Munich hits a barrier and flips over on the Bundesautobahn 9 near Dessau, Saxony-Anhalt. The Autobahn is closed in both directions. (RTÉ)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 February 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Roma - Palermo : 4 - 1
- Sampdoria - Fiorentina : 2 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Roeselare - Kortrijk : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Dortmund : 3 - 1
- Bochum - Hoffenheim : 2 - 1
- Hannover - Werder Bremen : 1 - 5
- Hertha - Mainz : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Oberhausen : 2 - 1
- Karlsruhe - Cottbus : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?