Friday 26 February 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 26, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Remember Me, directed by Allen Coulter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Kisser by Stuart Woods was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions or Apache: Air Assault.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 February 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 26 February 2010 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 February
- Nujabes : Japanese hip hop producer (Born 1974).
- Kim Yu-Na , Korean figure skater,won the gold medal with new world record in both short programme and free skate with the total of 228.56 , which is another world record in the total score , becoming the first South Korean skater to medal in any discipline of figure skating at the Olympic Games. Kim's gold medal was South Korea's first medal at the Winter Olympics. (BBC)
- A girls' boarding school dormitory in KwaZulu-Natal is shut down due to widespread lesbian activity. (BBC)
- Wang Meng wins her third gold medal in the 1,000 meters short track at Vancouver to become China's first winter Olympian to win three gold medals at one Games and give China all the women's titles. (''China Daily'')
- Brazilian police investigate after a newborn baby dies while two doctors argue during the mother's labour in a Ivinhema hospital. (''The Irish Times'')
- The Organization of American States (OAS) Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) issued a 300-page report on democracy and human rights in Venezuela under Hugo Chávez. (''The Washington Post'')
- Turkish police launch a second wave of arrests of military officers tied to the alleged ampquotSledgehammerampquot coup plot. (CNN)
- Syrian President Bashar Assad hosts Hezbollah head Hassan Nasrallah and Iranian leader Ahmadinajad in Damascus where they condemn the United States and Israel (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- At least 17 people killed as Taliban suicide bombers carry out a string of attacks in Kabul, Afghanistan (''The Hindu'')
- A suspicious package is discovered at the Israeli Embassy in Dublin. (RTÉ)
- The cruise ship MS ''Costa Europa'' crashes into a dock in the Egyptian port of Sharm al-Sheikh, killing three people. (CNN)
- At least 16 people are killed in a stampede at Djinguereber Mosque in Mali's northwestern city of Timbuktu. (Al Jazeera)
- Burma's Supreme Court rejects an appeal by detained National League for Democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi against an 18 month extension on her house arrest. (MSN Philippines)
- The official North Korean news agency KCNA announces the country has detained four South Koreans for crossing the border into the country. (Al Jazeera)
- Prince settles his court case with MCD Productions which had sued the musician after he cancelled a 2008 Croke Park concert at short notice. (BBC)
- It is reported that an iceberg the size of Luxembourg has struck the Mertz Glacier, breaking it in half. (AP)
- ''Politiken'' apologises for its reprint of a cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad with a bomb-shaped turban in 2008 but is criticised by other Danish newspapers. (BBC)
- An experiment in Minnesota's Soudan Mine reports detection of weakly interacting massive particles, a form of cold dark matter, with masses of 7-11 billion electronvolts. (ArXiv)
- New York Democratic Governor David Paterson announces he will not run in the New York gubernatorial election of 2010. (''The New York Times'')
- President Muammar Gaddafi of Libya declares a holy war on Switzerland. (''The Washington Post'')
- A 7.0 magnitude earthquake strikes off the southern coast of Japan's Ryukyu Island. (''USA Today'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 February 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Germinal - Gent : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Schalke 04 - Dortmund : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Duisburg - Oberhausen : 2 - 2
- Frankfurt FSV - Cottbus : 0 - 0
- Paderborn - Munich 1860 : 3 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Vallecano - Castellon : 3 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
- Say Something - Timbaland Featuring Drake
- Ludacris - How Low
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
- Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Sade - Soldier Of Love
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Mientes - Camila
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Did It Again (Lo Hecho Esta Hecho) - Shakira
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- El Doctorado - Tony Dize
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Muse - Uprising
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Savior - Rise Against
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Phoenix - 1901
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Daniel Bonventre, 63, a former director of operations for Bernard L. Madoff, was arrested and scheduled to appear Thursday in Manhattan federal court. [..]
Charlie Brown's harborside home, surrounded by water, wildlife and open spaces, seems like a world away from the hustle and bustle of the Australian fashion industry. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $47.51
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $68.37
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.67
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $50.92
- 1 CHF = 6.3585 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4923 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0206 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.114 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?