Saturday 6 February 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, directed by Chris Columbus, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching SciGirls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood or Alien Breed 2: Assault.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 6 February 2010 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 February
- Jordan Queen's educational reform program lauded in Jordan. Rania Al Abdullah and Princess Hessa bint Salman were briefed on the Jordan River Foundation (JRF) by the organization's Director General Valentina Qussisiya. (zawya)
- The Eastern Route of the South-to-North Water Diversion Project, one of the world's largest water projects, has been delayed by about five years due to problems associated with water pollution, officials in east China's Shandong province. (China Daily)
- Wang Jiarui, head of the Communist Party of China's liaison office, arrives in North Korea on a ampquotgoodwill visitampquot at the invitation of the Workers' Party of Korea. (''The Straits Times'')
- Charles McArther Emmanuel, son of President of Liberia Charles Taylor, is ordered to pay more than $22 million (£14 million) to five people tortured during the Second Liberian Civil War. (BBC)
- The Group of Seven nations agree to write off Haiti's debts following a conference in Iqaluit, Nunavut. (BBC)
- The Bank of Spain announces that Spain’s economy fell 3.6% in 2009, the most in decades. (Business Spectator)
- Thousands protest in Togo against a decision by the Confederation of African Football to ban the country from the next two editions of the Africa Cup of Nations. (''Times of India'')
- An Australian mining company signs a $70 billion deal to supply Chinese power stations with coal, in the country's biggest ever export contract. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Mark Durkan, former Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland, resigns as leader of the Social Democratic and Labour Party (SDLP). (''The Irish Times'')
- French aid worker, Laurent Maurice, kidnapped in Chad last November, is released after 89 days of captivity, described as ampquottired but appears to be in good healthampquot. (news.com.au)
- Afghan police admit they shot dead seven civilians, including two children, as they collected firewood in Spin Boldak, Kandahar, last Thursday. (France24)
- 23 Yemeni government soldiers are killed by the Houthis in two separate incidents: 15 are ambushed in Wadi al-Jabara, while the remaining 8 die in Sa'dah. (Press TV)
- The Taliban blow up a girls' school in Huwaid, Pakistan, killing no one. (AFP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 February 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Livorno - Juventus : 1 - 1
- Palermo - Parma : 2 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - St Truiden : 1 - 2
- Cercle Brugge - Roeselare : 2 - 0
- Lokeren - Mechelen : 2 - 1
- Westerlo - Germinal : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Leverkusen : 1 - 1
- FC Koln - Hamburg : 3 - 3
- Freiburg - Schalke 04 : 0 - 0
- Hoffenheim - Hannover : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Koblenz : 1 - 1
- Union Berlin - Augsburg : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?