Sunday 14 February 2010, Valentine's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Le silence de la mer, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Julie & Brandy: In Your Box Office.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa or Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 14 February 2010 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 February
- NATO admits it killed 12 civilians when two misfired rockets hit a house in Marjah, Helmand. President Hamid Karzai calls for an explanation. (Reuters)
- Viva Leroy Nash, the oldest death row inmate in the United States, dies of natural causes at the age of 94. (''Taipei News'')
- Thousands of people collect in Beirut on the fifth anniversary of the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafic Hariri in a bombing alongside 21 other people, with his son and current Prime Minister Saad Hariri addressing the crowd. (''The Independent'')
- Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki undoes the suspensions for fraud of the agriculture and education ministers handed out by his Prime Minister. (BBC)
- BMW Oracle win the 33rd America's Cup becoming the first American team to win since 1992. saling.org/wordcup/news
- Rafiq Husseini, a top aide of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, is suspended following involvment in an alleged attempt to trade influence for sex. (''The Guardian'')
- Cyclone Rene heads for Tonga and Niue after brushing American Samoa. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Nine Irish Roman Catholic bishops and Cardinal Seán Brady arrive in Rome to discuss the Murphy Report and Ryan Report into the Catholic sexual abuse scandal in Ireland with Pope Benedict XVI, the first such meetings there in eight years. (''The Irish Times'')
- Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani condemns the bomb blast in Pune, India, one day earlier, saying Pakistan is against terrorism and that his country wants better relations with India. (''The Hindu'')
- The death toll from yesterday's double bus electrocution in Port Harcourt rises to as much as 40, with more than 30 injured. (''The New York Times'')
- Viktor Yanukovych is officially named winner of the Ukraine presidential election. (AFP)
- 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver:
- Alexandre Bilodeau scores first place in the men's freestyle skiing moguls, winning Canada's first ever Olympic gold medal on home soil. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 February 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Cagliari - Bari : 3 - 1
- Catania - Atalanta : 0 - 0
- Chievo - Siena : 0 - 1
- Juventus - Genoa : 3 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Gent - Club Brugge : 1 - 1
- Standard - Westerlo : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - Freiburg : 2 - 1
- Schalke 04 - FC Koln : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 2 - 0
- Greuther Furth - Munich 1860 : 1 - 2
- Koblenz - Hansa Rostock : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?