Sunday 8 June 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Aumann and Bo Widerberg.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1930 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Robert Aumann: Israeli mathematician and a member of the United States National Academy of Sciences.
- Bo Widerberg
- Marcel Leger: Quebec politician (d. 1993).
- Dana Wynter: London, England -- Actress (Airport, Invasion of the Body Snatchers).
- Marcel Léger: Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 1993).