Saturday 17 February 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harold McGhee and Andre Norton.
La dame aux camélias, directed by Louis Mercanton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Melting of Molly by Maria Thompson Davies was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1912 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Harold McGhee: American astrologer, a long-time AFA member from October 1945.
- Andre Norton: American writer of science fiction and fantasy.
- Virginia Sorensen: American novelist, author of the 1957 John Newbery Medal winning.
- L Oates: British explorer (Antarctica).
- Aloys von Aerenthal foreign minister (Austria-Hungary): dies at age 57.
- Edgar Evans: Welsh naval officer (Born 1876).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down in Sunshine Valley - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- I'm Falling in Love with Someone - Charles Harrison
- Any Place the Old Flag Flies - Billy Murray
- Harry Lauder - Roamin' in the Gloamin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?