Saturday 17 February 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harold McGhee and Andre Norton.
How a Mosquito Operates, directed by Winsor McCay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 February 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1912 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Harold McGhee: American astrologer, a long-time AFA member from October 1945.
- Andre Norton: American writer of science fiction and fantasy.
- Virginia Sorensen: American novelist, author of the 1957 John Newbery Medal winning.
- L Oates: British explorer (Antarctica).
- Aloys von Aerenthal foreign minister (Austria-Hungary): dies at age 57.
- Edgar Evans: Welsh naval officer (Born 1876).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down in Sunshine Valley - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- I'm Falling in Love with Someone - Charles Harrison
- Harry Lauder - Roamin' in the Gloamin'
- Any Place the Old Flag Flies - Billy Murray