Saturday February 17, 1912
US date format: 2/17/1912, UK date format: 17/2/1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 17, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Harold McGhee and Andre Norton.
A Woman of No Importance, directed by Dominic Dromgoole, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 17, 1912?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- See more
- L Oates: British explorer (Antarctica).
- Aloys von Aerenthal foreign minister (Austria-Hungary): dies at age 57.
- Edgar Evans: Welsh naval officer (Born 1876).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 17, 1912?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Billy Murray - Any Place the Old Flag Flies
- Harry Lauder - Roamin' in the Gloamin'
- Charles Harrison - I'm Falling in Love with Someone
- Henry Burr & Albert Campbell - Down in Sunshine Valley