Friday May 8, 1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 8, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katherine Danza and Aneurin Barnard.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to (I Just) Died In Your Arms by Cutting Crew.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship was in the top 5 hits.
Intervista, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Glory Days by Dave Marsh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Surrender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batty or Adventures of Dino Riki.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1987 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Katherine Danza: American noted family, the daughter of actor Tony Danza and his wife, Tracey Robinson.
- Aneurin Barnard: Welsh actor and singer.
- Mark Noble: Soccer Player.
- Peter Chao: YouTube Star.
- Chiara Ferragni: Businesswoman.
- Felix Jones: American football player.
- Aarne Nirk: Estonian hurdler.
- Andy Brown: Rock Singer.
- Aidy Bryant: Actress.
- Gary Hart quits democratic presidential race (Donna Rice affair)
- U.S. Senator Gary Hart drops out of the running for the Democratic presidential nomination, amid allegations of an extramarital affair with Donna Rice.
- The Loughgall Ambush: The SAS kills eight Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteers and a civilian during an ambush in Loughgall, Northern Ireland.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Madonna - La Isla Bonita
- Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
- Prince - Sign O' The Times
- Bryan Adams - Heat Of The Night
- The Lady In Red - Chris DeBurgh
- Fleetwood Mac - Big Love
- Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
Top #10 R&B songs
- There's Nothing Better Than Love - Luther Vandross with Gregory Hines
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
- Cameo - Back And Forth
- The System - Don't Disturb This Groove
- Surface - Happy
- Klymaxx - I'd Still Say Yes
- Anita Baker - Same Ole Love (365 Days A Year)
- Patrice Rushen - Watch Out
- Melba Moore - It's Been So Long
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?