Saturday October 08, 1904
US date format: 10/8/1904, UK date format: 8/10/1904
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 8, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Germaine Holley and Yves Giraud-Cabantous.
Nervy Nat Kisses the Bride, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 08, 1904?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- See more
- Gustav Ratzenhofer: Austria sociologist / philosopher, dies...
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 08, 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- J.W. Myers - On a Good Old Trolley Ride