Saturday 8 October 1904US date format: 10/8/1904, UK date format: 8/10/1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Germaine Holley and Yves Giraud-Cabantous.
A Railway Tragedy, directed by Unavailable, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1904!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1904 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Germaine Holley: French astrologer and writer, representing a spiritual approach to astrology.
- Yves Giraud-Cabantous: French race car driver (d. 1973).
- Gustav Ratzenhofer: Austria sociologist / philosopher, dies at 62.
- 1st Vanderbilt Cup auto race (Hicksville, Long Island, NY)