Saturday 8 October 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Germaine Holley and Yves Giraud-Cabantous.
A Railway Tragedy, directed by Unavailable, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1904!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1904 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Germaine Holley: French astrologer and writer, representing a spiritual approach to astrology.
- Yves Giraud-Cabantous: French race car driver (d. 1973).
- Gustav Ratzenhofer: Austria sociologist / philosopher, dies at 62.
- 1st Vanderbilt Cup auto race (Hicksville, Long Island, NY)