Sunday 8 October 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Svend Westergaard and Douglas Gray.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by Gary J. Tunnicliffe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1922!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1922 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Douglas Gray: Archivist.
- Svend Westergaard: Composer.
- Erik Diesen: Norwegian revue writer and radio and television personality.
- Nils Liedholm: Swedish footballer coach and manager (d. 2007).
- Herbert Leonard: American production manager and producer (d. 2006).
- New York Giants beat New York Yankees, 4 games to 0, with a tie in 19th World Series.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Why Should I Cry Over You? - Billy Jones
- Nobody Lied (When They Said I Cried Over You) - Marion Harris