Monday 17 October 1904
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jose Hinojosa .
while In the Bishop's Carriage by Miriam Michelson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1904!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1904 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Jose Hinojosa: Spanish poet of the Generation of '27, introducer in Spain of the surrealist poetry.
- Nikolai Amani: Composer, dies at 32.
- Bank of Italy (Bank of America) opens its doors.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Sweet Adeline (You're the Flower of My Heart) - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?