Wednesday 6 January 1915, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Watts and John Lilly.
A Fool There Was, directed by Frank Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while K Mary by Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 1915 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Alan Watts: British writer who is most noted for his book, "The Way Of Zen," 1957.
- John Lilly: American scientist and author.
- Don Edwards (Representative-Democrat-California: 1963-).
- John C Lilly: American psychoanalyst (d. 2001).
- Fernando De Barros: Portuguese-born journalist, filmmaker and fashion editor who became a naturalized Brazilian citizen.
- Don Edwards: American soldier lawyer and politician (d. 2015).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?