Wednesday 6 January 1915, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 6, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Watts and John Lilly.
The Three Brothers, directed by Christy Cabanne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1915 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Alan Watts: British writer who is most noted for his book, "The Way Of Zen," 1957.
- John Lilly: American scientist and author.
- Don Edwards (Representative-Democrat-California: 1963-).
- John C Lilly: American psychoanalyst (d. 2001).
- Fernando De Barros: Portuguese-born journalist, filmmaker and fashion editor who became a naturalized Brazilian citizen.
- Don Edwards: American soldier lawyer and politician (d. 2015).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary - Albert Farrington
- At the Mississippi Cabaret - American Quartet
- Same Sort of Girl - John Barnes Wells & Inez Barbour