Sunday 11 February 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans-Georg Gadamer and Thomas Hitchcock Jr.
while Eben Holden by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1900!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1900 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Hans-Georg Gadamer: German philosopher of the continental tradition, best known for his 1960 magnum opus Truth and Method on hermeneutics.
- Thomas Hitchcock Jr: Great polo player (Westchester Cup 1924, 27, 30, 39).
- Josei Toda: Japanese educator (d. 1958).
- Jean Lhospied: Pougues les Eaux EXecutives.
- Jōsei Toda: Japanese educator and activist (d. 1958).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?