Monday 9 June 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara (singer) and Jordi Pujol.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1930 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Barbara (singer)
- Jordi Pujol: Spanish politician, the President of the autonomous government of Catalunya, Spain in 1987.
- Barbara : French singer and pianist, nicknamed "la longue dame brune" and famous for having composed the songs "Göttingen" (inspired by this town where she gave some concerts in 1964, just after the reconciliation treaty), "Marienbad", and "L'Aigle Noir" (which sold twenty four thousand copies in twelve hours).
- Malcolm Gambill: American civil engineer and CEO of Harsco, a diversified industrial company.
- Lin[wood] [Vrooman] Carter: United States -- Sci-fi author (Thongor of Lemuria).
- Jordi Soley: Spanish physician and politician 126th President of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Ragnhild : Norwegian royalty (married name Lorentzen), the eldest child of King Olav V of Norway and Princess Märtha of Sweden.
- Marvin Kalb: NYC, New York -- Educator / newscaster (CBS / NBC, Meet the Press).
- Paavo Nurmi runs world record 6 mile (29:36.4)
- Chicago Tribune reporter Jake Lingle is killed during rush hour at the Illinois Central train station by the Leo Vincent Brothers, allegedly over a 100,000 USD gambling debt owed to Al Capone.