Thursday 9 June 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Imel and Douglas Smith.
while Sons by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 June 1932 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Jack Imel: American musician and dancer, he played marimba and percussion specialty instruments and tap-danced his way into American homes on the long-running Lawrence Welk show.
- Douglas Smith: CEO (Acas).
- Richard Knowlton: American executive and CEO of Hormel, a meat packing retailer.
- Natalia Janotha: Composer, dies at 76.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?