Saturday 9 June 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Newton Howard and Dave Parker baseball player (Pittsburgh Pirates.
Ace in the Hole, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while A Woman Called Fancy by Frank Yerby was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Racket Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1951 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- James Newton Howard: American film composer.
- Dave Parker baseball player (Pittsburgh Pirates: National League Most Valuable Player 1978).
- Reinhard Schmitz: German footballer.
- Françoise Nyssen: French-Belgian editor, director of the publishing house "Actes Sud".
- Brian Taylor: American basketball player, a guard who played with the New York Nets (ABA) (1972–1976), Kansas City Kings (1976–1977), Denver Nuggets (1977–1978), and San Diego Clippers (1978–1982).
- Michael Cronan: American graphic designer and academic (d. 2013)
- James Howard: American composer conductor and producer
- Dave Parker: American baseball player and coach
- Telangana Shakuntala: Indian actress (d. 2014)
- Doodles Weaver Show, debuts on NBC-TV
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm In Love Again - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?