Friday 1 June 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dodi Battaglia and Olivier Dassault.
That's My Boy, directed by Hal Walker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while A Woman Called Fancy by Frank Yerby was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Racket Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1951 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Dodi Battaglia: Italian guitarist, singer and composer, conferred in the early 1980s with the title of best European guitarist by Stern magazine.
- Olivier Dassault: French politician, currently serving as a deputy in the French National Assembly for the UMP.
- Malcom Hathorne: American UFO expert & raw food vegan, he was the producer & host of a popular TV show in Tampa, Florida (from 1995-2003) called "UFOs & Metaphysics.
- Lola Young: Baroness Young of Hornsey English actress and author.
- Rafael Altamira Crevea: Spanish lawyer / historian, dies at 85.
- 1st self-contained titanium plant opens (Henderson Nevada)
- International Cheese treaty signed
- First self-contained titanium plant opened Henderson, Nevada, USA.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?