Sunday 9 June 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sonam Kapoor and Debora Salvalaggio.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by The Crowd was in the top 5 hits.
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, directed by Hayao Miyazaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Smart Women, Foolish Choices by Connell Cowan and Melvyn Kinder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Turkey Television.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jason's Gem or Psi 5 Trading Company.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1985!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 June 1985 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Sonam Kapoor: Indian actress.
- Debora Salvalaggio
- Richard Kahui: New Zealand All Black rugby player.
- Sebastian Telfair: American basketball player.
- Anthimos Ananiadis: Greek actor.
- Jon Nørgaard: Danish singer-songwriter.
- 39th NBA Championship: LA Lakers beat Boston Celtics, 4 games to 2
- 55th French Mens Tennis: Mats Wilander beats Ivan Lendl (36 64 62 62)
- Bernard Hinault wins Tour de France
- American Thomas Sutherland is kidnapped and held hostage in Lebanon.
- Thomas Sutherland is kidnapped in Lebanon (he will not be released until 1991).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- Bryan Adams - Heaven
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Kool & The Gang - Fresh
- Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?