Friday 9 November 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Sexton and Wim Bosboom.
Caught in the Draft, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1928 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989