Monday 22 April 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georgia Goettmann and Adam Parfitt in Victoria.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Sanshiro Sugata, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while I Heard The Owl Call My Name by Margaret Craven was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Little Doctor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1974 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Georgia Goettmann: Model (Cosmo-May 1995).
- Adam Parfitt in Victoria: British Columbia, Canada; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Shavo Odadjian: Armenian/American bassist (System of a Down).
- Opio : American rapper (Souls of Mischief and Hieroglyphics).
- Barbara Walters becomes news co-anchor of Today Show
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
- Bobby Womack - Lookin' For A Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?