Friday 9 November 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Lee Jones and Richard Goldberg.
The Lost Weekend, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The Black Rose by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1945 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Roger Lee Jones: West Virginia, United States -- Child molester (FBI Most Wanted List).
- Richard Goldberg: convicted American sex offender and former fugitive.
- Moeletsi Mbeki: South African economist and academic.
- Soo bahk do Moo Duk Kwan is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- It's Been a Long Long Time - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal June Christy)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?