Friday 9 November 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jos van Immerseel and Dennis Moore.
Detour, directed by Edgar G. Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1945 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Jos van Immerseel
- Vincent Nichols: Clergyman.
- Dennis Moore: Politician.
- Roger Lee Jones: West Virginia, United States -- Child molester (FBI Most Wanted List).
- Richard Goldberg: convicted American sex offender and former fugitive.
- Moeletsi Mbeki: South African economist and academic.
- Soo bahk do Moo Duk Kwan is founded.