Tuesday 9 November 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We R Who We R by Ke$ha.
Paradox, directed by Brenton Spencer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Reversal by Michael Connelly was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Babysitting Mama or Lego Harry Potter: Years 1–4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 9 November 2010 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 November
- A bomb explosion kills Ali Abadi, governor of Shwak district in Afghanistan's eastern province of Paktia. (Press TV)
- The death toll from clashes at a camp in Western Sahara between Sahrawi protesters and Moroccan police rises to eleven. (AFP via Google News)
- Anwar al-Awlaki, a Yemeni cleric affiliated with al-Queda, tells Muslims in a new video posting that they are free to kill American at will, in retaliation for the killing of civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere. (''The Australian'')
- About 20,000 people flee Burma to escape fighting between the Burmese military and the Democratic Karen Buddhist Army in Karen State after the recent general election. (AFP via Yahoo News)
- Three members of the British Armed Forces are being investigated by military lawyers over alleged abuse of Iraqi detainees. (BBC)
- In Dublin, dozens of complaints are made about the ampquotheavy-handedampquot tactics of ampquotexcessive forceampquot deployed by gardaí following last week's nationwide student demonstration against a government-proposed fee increase, the largest such demonstration in a generation. (RTÉ)
- The European Commission finds that Qantas, British Airways, Air France, Japan Airlines and seven other carriers fixed the price of air cargo between 1999 and 2006 and fines each airline involved millions of euros. (ABC)
- A United Nations report suggests North Korea has supplied Burma, Iran and Syria with nuclear technology, in violation of United Nations sanctions. China had previously blocked the report from reaching the UN Security Council. (Reuters)
- British Prime Minister David Cameron begins an official visit to the People's Republic of China. China, UK seek closer ties as economic dialogue opens in Beijing. (BBC)
- Secret documents are released showing churches and civilians upon the enemies list of Indonesian special forces Kopassus. The U.S. government had just removed a twelve-year funding ban on the group this summer. (Democracy Now!)
- In the first public sign that the sentence of death by stoning passed on Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani is causing divisions within the regime, Alef, a conservative newspaper in Iran, challenges the handling of the case. (''The Australian'')
- A man surrendered to police and confessed to killing five and wounding one in two separate attacks in South China's Hainan province. (''China Daily'')
- A second Russian journalist is attacked in Moscow. Motivation is unclear but both had written about trees being felled to make way for motorways. (Al Jazeera)
- A riot in the Pedrinhas prison in north-eastern Brazil results in eighteen prisoner deaths and a guard being wounded. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Seventeen people including six employees of the Claims Conference in the United States have been charged with theft of $42 million from Holocaust compensation funds provided by the Government of Germany. (BBC)
- Jordanian elections:
- Jordanians go the polls for their parliamentary election but the opposition Islamic Action Front boycotts. (Xinhua)
- One person is killed and several others injured as fighting between rival groups breaks out during the vote in Imrea, near Kerak. (Al Jazeera)
- Hamas bans Fatah supporters from holding a rally in the Gaza Strip as representatives of the two parties prepare to meet in Syria to discuss ways of resolving the conflict between them. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The Union Solidarity and Development Party is predicting a sweeping victory in the Burmese general election which overseas observers have called a sham. (Reuters)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 November 2010
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Burnley - Doncaster : 1 - 1
- Crystal Palace - Watford : 3 - 2
- Ipswich - Derby : 0 - 2
- Leeds - Hull : 2 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Altrincham - AFC Wimbledon : 0 - 2
- Bath City - Hayes & Yeading : 3 - 1
- Cambridge - Grimsby : 1 - 1
- Darlington - Tamworth : 1 - 0
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Annan Athletic - Montrose : 2 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Aberdeen - Inverness C : 1 - 2
- Stoke - Birmingham : 3 - 2
- Tottenham - Sunderland : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in November 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- All I Want Is You - Miguel Featuring J. Cole
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- El Malo - Aventura
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The world’s central bankers warned that economic growth remains uneven, as new data reinforced fears of a slowdown in Germany. [..]
Inadequate bondholder provisions in several recent deals indicated that many risky bonds lacked protections. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.78
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $92.28
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $76.69
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $44.64
- 1 CHF = 6.8637 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.595 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9601 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.671 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?