Thursday 7 September 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 7, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Allan Coe and Susumu Tonegawa.
Honeymoon in Bali, directed by Edward H. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 September 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1939 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Susumu Tonegawa: Scientist.
- David Allan Coe: Musician.
- Brigid Berlin: Artist.
- Stanley David Griggs: Portland, Oregon -- Astronaut (STS 51-D, STS 33).
- S David Griggs in Portland: Oregon, USA; astronaut (STS 51D, STS 33).
- Riccardo Del Turco: Italian singer, whose song "Luglio" topped the Italian Hit Parade Singles Chart for two weeks in July 1968, selling over 500,000 copies.
- Latimore : American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Peter Gill: Welsh actor director and playwright.
- Bruce Gray: Canadian actor.
- Kyoka Izumi: Japanese novelist (Born 1873).
- Radio New York Worldwide-WRUL begins radio transmission