Saturday 9 September 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Monkey .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Lives of Others, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People by Dav Pilke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scuba Bob's Ocean Quest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 25 To Life or Asphalt 3: Street Rules.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 9 September 2006 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- BBC's The Proms 'Last Night at the Proms' took place at Royal Albert Hall in London. The proms were simulcasted to cities across the United Kingdom like Glasgow, Swansea, Belfast, Manchester and London Hyde Park. More than 100,000 people attended the festival in London and elsewhere. The proms are currently in their 112th season. (BBC News)
- Space Shuttle Atlantis lifts off from John F. Kennedy Space Center in Florida to begin STS-115. (CNN.com)
- A 4.4 magnitude earthquake affects Israel and the West Bank. No injuries are reported. (Reuters)
- Taliban insurgency (Operation Medusa):
- 19-year-old Maria Sharapova wins her second Grand Slam, upsetting Justin Henin-Hardenne 6ndash4, 6ndash4 in the final of the 2006 U.S. Open. (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 September 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?