Wednesday 10 August 1977
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aaron Kamin and Josh Gates.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb.
In UK Angelo by Brotherhood Of Man was in the top 5 hits.
The Kentucky Fried Movie, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Making of James Bond - 007.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Zork or Dominos.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1977!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1977 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Aaron Kamin: American guitarist and songwriter (The Calling).
- Josh Gates: TV Show Host.
- Danny Griffin: Northern Irish footballer.
- Matt Morgan: English comedian actor and radio host.
- Vince Barnett: Actor (Star is Born, Human Jungle), dies at 75.
- US and Panamana sign Panama Canal Zone accord
- In Yonkers, New York, 24-year-old postal employee David Berkowitz (''Son of Sam'') is arrested for a series of killings in the New York City area over the period of one year.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Peter Frampton - I'm In You
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Peter McCann - Do You Wanna Make Love
- Barbra Streisand - My Heart Belongs To Me
- Commodores - Easy
- Pablo Cruise - Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Alice Cooper - You And Me
- Bay City Rollers - You Made Me Believe In Magic
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?