Friday 10 February 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bunmi Mojekwu and Nikita Ramsey.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Straight Up by Paula Abdul.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
The 'Burbs, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Senatorial Privilege by Leo Damore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Say Julie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chicago 90 or Dungeon Explorer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1989!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1989 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Bunmi Mojekwu: British actress.
- Nikita Ramsey: Movie Actress.
- Liam Hendriks: Australian baseball player.
- Neelofa Noor: Malaysian actress television host and commercial model.
- Dan Kelly: NHL sportscaster, dies at 52, "He shoots, he scores!".
- Celtic Kansas City Jones and Cavalier Lenny Wilkens elected to NBA Hall of Fame
- Minor League Football System opens organizational meeting, Saint Louis, Missouri.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- To gain deregulation, WWF admits pro wrestling is an exhibition and not a sport, in a New Jersey court.
- Ron Brown is elected chairman of the Democratic National Committee, becoming the first African American to lead a major United States political party.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Sheriff - When I'm With You
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Bon Jovi - Born To Be My Baby
- White Lion - When The Children Cry
- Tiffany - All This Time
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Samantha Fox - I Wanna Have Some Fun
- Rick Astley - She Wants To Dance With Me
- Information Society - Walking Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?