Tuesday February 14, 1989, Valentine's Day
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 14, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Lambert and Nestor Calderon.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Straight Up by Paula Abdul.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
Je suis le seigneur du château, directed by Régis Wargnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Gracie by George Burns was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fun House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond the Black Hole or Dr. Plummet's House of Flux.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 February 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1989!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1989 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Nestor Calderon: Mexican footballer.
- Eric Lambert: Guitarist.
- Néstor Calderón: Mexican footballer.
- Christopher Handke: German footballer.
- Adam Matuszczyk: Polish footballer.
- Emma Miskew: Canadian curler.
- Denisa Smolenová: Slovak swimmer.
- Sten-Timmu Sokk: Estonian basketball player.
- Brandon Sutter: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Kristian Thomas: English gymnast.
- James Bond: American ornithologist and zoologist (d. 1989).
- Boxer Mike Tyson divorces actress Robin Givens
- Khomeini orders Moslems to murder Satanic Verses Novelist Rushdie
- Robin Givens is granted a divorce from Mike Tyson in Dom Rep
- African National Congress (ANC) opens office in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Iranian leader Ruhollah Khomeini issues a fatwa encouraging Muslims to kill the author of The Satanic Verses, Salman Rushdie.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Bon Jovi - Born To Be My Baby
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Sheriff - When I'm With You
- Rick Astley - She Wants To Dance With Me
- Edie Brickell - What I Am
- Information Society - Walking Away
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- Aprendere - Ednita Nazario
- TU PRESA FACIL - Los Yonic's
- UN TIEMPO PARA NOSOTROS - Braulio
- Tu Pirata Soy Yo - Chayanne
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
- Un Hombre Busca Una Mujer - Luis Miguel
- Gipsy Kings - BAMBOLEO
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?