Wednesday February 01, 1989
US date format: 2/1/1989, UK date format: 1/2/1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Caleb Folbigg and Ricky Pinheiro.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to When I'm With You by Sheriff.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
Tap, directed by Nick Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Parting The Waters by Taylor Branch was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bottom Line.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ghost Lion or Dragons of Flame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 1989?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- Princess Diane of England visits New York City
- Comet Schwassmann-Wachmann 1 at perihelion.
- The Western Australian towns of Kalgoorlie and Boulder amalgamate to form the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
- Soviet war in Afghanistan: The last Soviet Union armored column leaves Kabul, ending 9 years of military occupation.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 1989?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next February 01If February 01, 1989 is your birthday you're 31 years, 7 months, 19 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 4 months, 12 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?