Friday 10 May 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 10, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donovan and Ahmed Abdullah.
Dark Alibi, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Let's Play Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 May 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1946 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Donovan : Scottish musician, a star from 1965 as a 19-year-old phenomenon when "Sunshine Superman" topped the charts.
- Ahmed Abdullah
- Maureen Lipman: British comedy actress who first came to attention in a short-lived comedy series, "A Soft Touch," July to September 1978.
- Henri Ronse: Belgian director, manager.
- Graham Gouldman: English guitarist and songwriter (10cc The Mindbenders and Wax).
- Michel Suchod
- Dave Mason (rock musician)
- Diderik Wagenaar: Dutch composer and musical theorist.
- Georges Beller: French radio producer.
- Graham Gouldman in Manchester: England; bassist (10cc - "No Milk Today").
- Dave Mason: English musician (Traffic).
- Candice Bergen: Actress.
- Red Sox win 15th straight beat Yanks 5-4, DiMaggio hits Grand Slam
- Umberto II succeeds Victor Emmanuel III as king of Italy.
- First successful launch of an American V-2 rocket at White Sands Proving Ground.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Perry Como - All Through the Day
- Andy Russell - Laughing On The Outside (Crying On The Inside)
- Sioux City Sue - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
- All that Glitters is Not Gold - Dinah Shore
- The Gypsy - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra