Thursday 30 May 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Ferguson and Candy Lightner.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chime Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 May 1946 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Don Ferguson: Canadian comedian, a member of a popular comedy troupe with successful radio and TV series, particularly known for his Preston Manning impressions.
- Candy Lightner: political activist/founder (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers).
- Allan Chapman: Scottish politician (Born 1897).
- Louis Slotin: Canadian scientist (Born 1910).
- Braves Bernard Malamud HR shatters Bulova clock in Ebbets Field
- United flight 521 crashes on takeoff at LaGuardia Airport (New York), 42 die.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Peggy Lee - I Don't Know Enough About You
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?