Saturday 18 May 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Alexander and Bruce Gilbert.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Let's Play Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1946!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1946 ?
- George Alexander: Rocker.
- Bruce Gilbert: English guitarist (Wire).
- Alain Béjart: French photographer.
- Christian Fortin: French homicide; shot his lover to death on 12/17/1986 at Grenoble.
- Giampiero Galeazzi: Italian competition rower, sport journalist, commentator and television personality.
- Reggie Jackson: Baseball Player
- Frank Hsieh: Taiwanese lawyer and politician 40th Premier of the Republic of China
- Ameril Kato: Filipino warlord (d. 2015)
- Andreas Katsulas: Greek-American actor (Born 1946)
- Gerd Langguth: German political scientist and author (d. 2013)
- Suze Randall: English model photographer and pornographer
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - They Say It's Wonderful
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Laughing On the Outside, Crying On the Inside
- I Don't Know Enough About You - Mills Brothers
- All Through the Day - Frank Sinatra
- The House of Blue Lights - Freddie Slack & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?