Monday 6 May 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hindenburg disaster and André Marceau (bishop).
The Postman Always Rings Twice, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The King's General by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hour Glass.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 May 1946 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Hindenburg disaster
- André Marceau (bishop)
- Alain Bocquet
- Susan Brown (actress)
- André Marceau: French Catholic prelate, the Bishop of Perpignan from 2004 to 2014 and the Bishop of Nice since 2014.
- Frankie Librán: Puerto Rican baseball player (d. 2013).
- Susan Brown: Actress (Gail Baldwin- General Hospital).
- Sydne Rome in Akron: Ohio, USA; actress (What?, Candy).
- Jim Ramstad: American politician (Representative-Republican-Minnesota).
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Arthur M Schlesinger (Age of Jackson) 17271
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gypsy - Hildegarde (Guy Lombardo Orchestra)
- Bumble Boogie - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- Ink Spots - The Gypsy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?