Wednesday 8 May 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 8, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edwin Duckworth and Bill Kreutzmann.
Dark Alibi, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Let's Play Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1946 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Edwin Duckworth: American scientist; chairman of the astronomy department at San Francisco City College, from September 1972.
- Bill Kreutzmann: Musician.
- Andre Boulerice: French-Canadian politician.
- Thelma Houston: Musician.
- André Boulerice: Canadian politician.
- Jonathan Dancy: English philosopher author and academic.
- Robert Ward: American ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest suspended and facing a single allegation of sex abuse in January 2001.
- Red Sox Johnny Pesky scores 6 runs in 1 game
- Estonian school girls Aili Jogi and Ageeda Paavel blow up the Soviet memorial which stood in front of the Bronze Soldier in Tallinn.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Perry Como - All Through the Day
- Andy Russell - Laughing On The Outside (Crying On The Inside)
- Sioux City Sue - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
- All that Glitters is Not Gold - Dinah Shore
- The Gypsy - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra