Saturday 10 May 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 10, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Card and Michael Levitt.
Repeat Performance, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 May 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1947 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Andrew Card: American government employee who has served under several presidents before becoming a cabinet member of the George W. Bush administration in 2001.
- Michael Levitt: Scientist.
- Paul Nicholas Young: Architect.
- Yukiya Amano: Public Servant.
- Thomas Tessier: American author.
- Caroline Cooney: American author.
- Jay Ferguson in Burbank: California, USA; rocker (Spirit - "I Got A Line on You").
- Chocolate Soldier closes at Century Theater NYC after 69 performances
- 73rd Preakness: Doug Dodson aboard Faultless wins in 1:59.