Tuesday 28 May 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Engberg and Madeleine Le Roux.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The King's General by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Let's Play Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 May 1946 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Madeleine Le Roux: Wyoming, United States -- Broadway actress (Cry Uncle).
- Peter Engberg: Danish film director, nationally acknowledged for his work.
- Jean-Charles : French hairdresser to the stars, whose clients included Brigitte Bardot, Jane Mansfield, Isabelle Adjani, and Simone Signoret.
- Skip Jutze: American baseball player.
- Janet Paraskeva: Welsh politician.
- 1st night game at Yankee stadium (Senators 2, Yanks 1)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Peggy Lee - I Don't Know Enough About You
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?