Friday 3 May 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 3, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Winslow and Jean Marsaudon.
A Night in Casablanca, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Hour Glass.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1946 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- George Winslow
- Jean Marsaudon
- Daniel Pauly: Scientist.
- Bruce Robinson: Director.
- Greg Gumbel sportscaster (CBS TV: WFAN).
- Lesley Gore: Musician.
- Silvino Francisco: South African snooker player.
- Greg Gumbel: American sportscaster.
- Norm Chow: American football player and coach.
- David Suchet: Actor.
- International military tribunal in Tokyo begins.