Sunday 7 January 2007, Orthodox Christmas
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Slow Burn by Julie Garwood was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vivir con 10.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beowulf: The Game or Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 2007!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 January 2007 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 January
- Newly appointed Archbishop Stanisław Wojciech Wielgus, of Warsaw resigns after Friday's allegations that he collaborated with the Polish communist government's secret police. He was due to be officially appointed by Pope Benedict XVI at 10:00 GMT, and announced his decision only one hour before. (BBC News)
- War in Somalia:
- Somali gunmen open fire at Ethiopian troops stationed in Somalia's capital Mogadishu resulting in at least one death. (AP via ABC News)
- The executions of two senior accomplices of former leader Saddam Hussein are expected to be carried out within this week according to Iraqi officials. (BBC)
- 2006–2007 Bangladeshi political crisis: A nationwide blockade led by the Awami League to force electoral reform before the 2007 parliamentary election continues for a third day, bringing capital Dhaka to a standstill, with schools shut and vehicles absent from the streets. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
- Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This
- T2 featuring Jodie Aysha - Heartbroken
- Eric Prydz vs Floyd - Proper Education
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- Take That - Patience
- Take That - Rule The World
- Timbaland featuring One Republic - Apologize
- U2 - Window In The Skies
- Girls Aloud - Call The Shots
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 7 January 2007
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Celta : 1 - 0
- Espanol - Recreativo : 0 - 1
- Getafe - Barcelona : 1 - 1
- La Coruna - Real Madrid : 2 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ciudad de Murcia - Sp Gijon : 3 - 1
- Elche - Cadiz : 1 - 1
- Poli Ejido - Numancia : 0 - 0
- Ponferradina - Castellon : 1 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Aris - Larisa : 1 - 1
- Ionikos - Ergotelis : 1 - 3
- Kalamaria - Kerkyra : 1 - 0
- Panathinaikos - Egaleo : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?