Sunday 11 December 1932
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1932). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nancy Holloway and Wynn Irwin in New York City.
The Half Naked Truth, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1932
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1932!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1932 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Nancy Holloway
- Wynn Irwin in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Lotsa Luck, Sugar Time).
- Enrique Bermudez: Nicaraguan Contra leader (d. 1991).
- Aladar Kovacsi: Hungarian modern pentathlon Olympic champion (1952, Helsinki) (d. 2010).
- Anne Heywood [Violet Pretty]: England, United Kingdom -- Miss GB (1949) / actress (Brain).
- Anne Heywood: English actress and singer.
- Keith Waldrop: American author and poet.
- Enrique Bermúdez: Nicaraguan colonel and engineer (d. 1991).