Sunday 11 December 1932
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nancy Holloway and Wynn Irwin in New York City.
No Man of Her Own, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1932
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 11 December 1932. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1932!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1932 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Nancy Holloway
- Wynn Irwin in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Lotsa Luck, Sugar Time).
- Enrique Bermudez: Nicaraguan Contra leader (d. 1991).
- Aladar Kovacsi: Hungarian modern pentathlon Olympic champion (1952, Helsinki) (d. 2010).
- Anne Heywood [Violet Pretty]: England, United Kingdom -- Miss GB (1949) / actress (Brain).
- Anne Heywood: English actress and singer.
- Keith Waldrop: American author and poet.
- Enrique Bermúdez: Nicaraguan colonel and engineer (d. 1991).