Wednesday 21 December 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ilja Zeljenka and Jean-Jacques Guyon.
Rasputin and the Empress, directed by Richard Boleslavsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Fountain by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1932!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1932 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Ilja Zeljenka: Composer.
- Jean-Jacques Guyon: French equestrian, he won the gold medal at the 1968 Olympics.
- Joan Titsworth: American astrologer and author of the book "Case Studies in Horary Astrology.
- U Ananthamurthy: Indian author poet and critic (d. 2014).
- Edward Hoagland: American author and critic.
- Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, 1st joint movie (Flying Down to Rio)
- Giants sign former outfielder Billy Southworth as a coach
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1932 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Willow Weep for Me - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?