Thursday 22 December 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Clark and Joe Clark in Los Angeles.
Rasputin and the Empress, directed by Richard Boleslavsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Magnolia Street by Louis Golding was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 December 1932 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Joe Clark: Los Angeles, California -- WLAF off coordinator coach (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Joe Clark in Los Angeles: California, USA; WLAF offensive coordinator coach (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Phil Woosnam: Welsh-American soccer player and manager (d. 2013).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1932 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Willow Weep for Me - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?