Sunday December 18, 1932
US date format: 12/18/1932, UK date format: 18/12/1932
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 18, 1932). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Ramsay MacDonald (Labour), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Roger Smith and Janine Boissard.
The Mummy, directed by Karl Freund, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 18, 1932?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- See more
- Chicago Bears beat Portsmouth Spartans 9-0 in 1st NFL playoff game
- Eduard "Ede" Bernstein German marxist/revisionist: dies at age 82.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 18, 1932?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Willow Weep for Me
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial