Monday 19 December 1932
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Salvador Elizondo and Wayne Tippit.
Rasputin and the Empress, directed by Richard Boleslavsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Sons by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 December 1932 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Salvador Elizondo: Mexican writer of the 60s Generation of Mexican literature.
- Wayne Tippit: American television and stage character actor, best known to television audiences for playing Ted Adamson on the 1970s and 1980s CBS soap opera,.
- British Broadcasting Corp begins transmitting overseas.
- BBC World Service begins broadcasting as the BBC Empire Service
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1932 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Willow Weep for Me - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?