Thursday 1 December 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert T Herres and Matt Monro.
A Farewell to Arms, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Fountain by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1932!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1932 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Robert T Herres: Denver, Colorado -- USAF / Astronaut.
- Matt Monro: English singer (d. 1985).
- Jean-René Bernard: French economic and financial advisor, who served as Special Adviser to Prime Minister Georges Pompidou, 28 November 1962 to 10 July 1968.
- Amadeo Vives: Composer, dies at 61.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?