Wednesday 7 December 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerard van den Berg and Ellen Burstyn in Detroit.
A Farewell to Arms, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1932!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1932 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Gerard van den Berg: Dutch TV host (Like Father, Like Son).
- Ellen Burstyn in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actress (The Exorcist, Alice Doesn't Live Here).
- Ellen Burstyn: American film and theater actress who was on-screen from 1964, making her TV debut in 1972.
- Curt Brasket: American chess player (d. 2014).
- Paul Caponigro: American photographer and pianist.
- Oktay Ekşi: Turkish journalist and politician
- Rosemary Rogers: Sri Lankan-American journalist and author
- J Sumarlin: Indonesian economist and politician 17th Indonesian Minister of Finance
- 1st gyro-stabilized vessel to cross Atlantic arrives in New York
- First gyro-stabilized vessel to cross the Atlantic arrives in New York, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 December 1932
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?