Wednesday 7 December 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ellen Burstyn and Gerard van den Berg.
A Farewell to Arms, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 December 1932 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Ellen Burstyn: American film and theater actress who was on-screen from 1964, making her TV debut in 1972.
- Gerard van den Berg: Dutch TV host (Like Father, Like Son).
- Ellen Burstyn in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actress (The Exorcist, Alice Doesn't Live Here).
- Curt Brasket: American chess player (d. 2014).
- Paul Caponigro: American photographer and pianist.
- Oktay Ekşi: Turkish journalist and politician.
- Rosemary Rogers: Sri Lankan-American journalist and author.
- J Sumarlin: Indonesian economist and politician 17th Indonesian Minister of Finance.
- 1st gyro-stabilized vessel to cross Atlantic arrives in New York
- First gyro-stabilized vessel to cross the Atlantic arrives in New York, USA.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?