Sunday 11 June 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Debbie "Pokey" Watson and Lindsey de Paul.
Father of the Bride, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hawkins Falls: A Television Novel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1950 ?
- Debbie "Pokey" Watson: United States -- 200m backstroke swimmer (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Lindsey de Paul: Singer.
- Michael Swan in Palo Alto: California, USA; actor (Duncan - As the World Turns).
- Graham Russell: British-American musician, a singer and composer with the group "Air Supply," formed in 1976 and signed by Arista in 1980.
- Lynsey de Paul: English singer-songwriter pianist and actress (d. 2014).
- Ben Hogan wins US Open golf tournament
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 June 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mona Lisa - Nat King Cole (Les Baxter & His Orchestra)
- Bonaparte's Retreat - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?