Tuesday July 11, 1978
US date format: 7/11/1978, UK date format: 11/7/1978
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1978). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Marie Tartois and Jeff Rich.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
International Velvet, directed by Bryan Forbes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Metropolitan Life by Fran Lebowitz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heiter bis wolkig.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Canyon Bomber or Sky Diver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 1978?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- 49th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 7-3 at San Diego Stadium
- All star MVP: Steve Garvey (LA Dodgers)
- Auto with liquid gas crashes and explodes in Spain, 160 killed
- Los Alfaques Disaster: A truck carrying liquid gas crashes and explodes at a coastal campsite in Tarragona, Spain killing 216 tourists.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 11, 1978?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want
- Father Abraham & The Smurfs - The Smurf Song
- Marshall Hain - Dancin' In The City
- Clout - Substitute
- The Motors - Airport
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 11If July 11, 1978 is your birthday you're 42 years, 1 month, 1 day old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 10 months, 29 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?