Saturday 7 December 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Markus Kajo and Tom Winsor.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
A Farewell to Arms, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Gallant Mrs. Stonewall by Harnett T. Kane was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aktuelle Schaubude.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 December 1957 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Markus Kajo: Finnish TV personality and humorist.
- Tom Winsor: British lawyer and economic regulator.
- Tony Kubek of the New York Yankees selected as American League Rookie of the Year.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?