Monday 11 November 1901, Veteran's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Magda Goebbels and André Mutter.
Photographing a Country Couple, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1901!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1901 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Magda Goebbels: wife of Nazi minister of propaganda, Joseph Goebbels (d. 1945).
- André Mutter
- Sam Spiegel producer (On the Waterfront: Bridge over River Kwai).
- Sam Spiegel: Austrian-born Academy Award winning American film producer (Betrayal, On the Waterfront, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia, The African Queen), dies at age 84.
- F Van Wyck Mason: American historian and author (d. 1978).
- Antonio Zamara: Composer, dies at 72.