Tuesday November 11, 1919, Veteran's Day
US date format: 11/11/1919, UK date format: 11/11/1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 11, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Hamish Henderson and Kalle Paatalo.
Male and Female, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 11, 1919?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- See more
- Pope Benedictus XV states Roman Catholics political / business views
- The Centralia Massacre in Centralia, Washington results the deaths of four members of the American Legion and the lynching of a local leader of the Industrial Workers of the World.
- Lacplesa day : Latvian forces defeat the Freikorps at Riga in the Latvian War of Independence.
- Pavel Chistyakov: Russian painter and educator (d. 1919).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 11, 1919?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Nora Bayes - You Can't Get Lovin' Where There Ain't No Love
- Eddie Cantor - You Don't Need the Wine to Have a Wonderful Time
- Van & Schenck - Oh! How She Can Sing